Reparto San Juan IV Etapa, Avenida Suroeste No. 169, Managua, Nicaragua
Is the Managing Partner of the Nicaragua Office. with more than forty years of professional practice in the areas of corporate, financial, constitutional and administrative law and institutional management with the government. He has extensive experience in corporate and business law, with emphasis on organization, incorporation, mergers and acquisitions of companies; foreign investments, legal-financial feasibility projects for foreign investments, tax law in general, mediation and arbitration. He has advised important public and private institutions in the country, has practiced in litigation, corporate and business counseling through the liberal practice of law, legal advice to Boards of Directors of major banks and financial institutions in the country, advice to companies in the energy sector, and has managed institutional relations between the public and private sectors. He provides advice on legal, strategic, institutional relations and organizational matters to important business chambers and nongovernmental organizations in Nicaragua.
– Lawyer and Notary Public of the Nicaraguan Bank (BANIC) -Matagalpa Branch, (1979-1982);
– Secretary of the Board of Directors of Productos Lácteos, S.A. (1980 – 1981);
– Secretary of the Board of Directors and General Manager of the Consultores Para el Desarrollo Firm, dedicated to the realization of Economic and Financial Studies and Stock Exchange Operations. San José, Costa Rica, (1984- 1985);
– President and General Manager of RRQ, CONSULTORES, S.A., San José, Costa Rica (1985 -1991);
– Director of Parliamentary Relations of the Presidency of the Republic of Nicaragua, (1991-1996);
– President and Founder of the Law Firm RENE RUIZ QUEZADA & ASOCIADOS (LEGIS), 1997 to date;
– Legal Advisor to the National Council for Economic and Social Planning (CONPES). Managua (2002 -2006);
– Legal Advisor of the Chamber of Industries of Nicaragua, (1998 to date);
– Legal Advisor of the Mining Chamber of Nicaragua, (2006-2007).
He has also been involved in important projects such as:
– Formulation and Analysis of Preliminary Projects and Laws Regulations (Fishing, Mines, Tourism, Water, Exports, Taxes, Consumer Defense, Rural Credit Fund, Pesticides, Seeds, General Education, Forestry, State Contracting, Superintendence of Banks, Central Bank, Trust, Stock Exchange and Constitutional Reforms):
– Co-author of the Draft Law on the Penitentiary System and Criminal Enforcement, contracted by the United Nations Programme in Nicaragua (UNDP);
– Co-author of the Reformatory Decree of the Forest Fire Defence Regulations.
– Co-author of the Draft Law on Foreign Investments;
– Member of the Commission of the Executive that analyzed from the Constitutional point of view the Constitutional Reforms Initiative presented in 1994 in Nicaragua;
– Member of the Joint Commission for the Implementation of Constitutional Reforms in 1995;
– Review for the Nicaraguan private sector of the Constitutional Reforms of the year 2000;
– General Coordinator in the negotiations with INE and ENEL for the San Jacinto Power Geothermal Project and the Thermal Projects: Bluefields Power and Light, Corn Island Power and Light and Hidroeléctrico Hidropantasma;
– Coordinator of the consultancy “Survey and Proposal of Modifications to the Legal Framework on Procedures for the Formation of Companies in Nicaragua”;
– Consultant for the Property Management Program “PRODEP” called “Evaluation of the Legal Reforms and Key Procedures of the Land Administration System”;
– Lecturer at the Seminar on Environmental Law and National Industry (case of Central America) in Panama, Republic of Panama.
In the teaching area, he has carried out the following academic activities:
– Founder and organizer of the Master’s Degree in “Business Law” at Thomas More University in Managua (1997)
– Professor at the Special Regimes Course, Thomas More University (1999).