Avenida Las Palmas No. 187 Colonia San Benito, San Salvador, El Salvador
Carlos Elías Zablah Córdova: Head of the El Salvador office is a lawyer and a notary public, with more than 20 years of experience in the areas of Corporate Law, Corporate, Banking, Stock Exchange, Commercial and Civil Law, especially in Information Technology and Communications Law. He has extensive experience in negotiations, corporate aspects, mergers and acquisitions, advice on banking, regulatory, consumer protection, as well as advice on personal data protection, electronic signatures, e-commerce and activities related to Information Technology Law. Carlos specializes in negotiations, corporate aspects, mergers and acquisitions, banking, regulatory, consumer protection and tax law, as well as advice on personal data protection, electronic signatures, e-commerce and all activities related to information technology law.
He studied his undergraduate degree at the University Doctor José Matías Delgado. He has a postgraduate degree in Commercial and Stock Exchange Law from the University of Salamanca, Spain and a postgraduate degree in European Community Law from the same university. .
In 2004 he obtained a Master’s degree in Information and Communication Technologies Law at the Universidad Pontificia Comillas de Madrid.
He has been a speaker at several national and international conferences, among which we can highlight his paper on Software Leasing Contracts at the III Conference on Electronic Contracting organized by the Institute of Legal Informatics of the Universidad Pontificia Comillas in Madrid, Spain,
In the teaching area, he has carried out the following academic activities:
– Since 2008 he is Professor of Electronic Contracting and New Technologies Law in the Master of Business Law at the Universidad Centroamericana José Simeón Cañas (UCA).
– He was Professor of Banking Law in the Diploma in Business Law and in the Diploma in Notarial Law at the Universidad Centroamericana José Simeón Cañas (UCA)
Some of his publications are:
– Cuaderno de Nombres de Dominio, Editorial Otrosi, Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid. 2004.
Prior to joining Signature Regional Law Firm he founded the firm CDM Abogados Consultores.
– He served as Manager of Contracting and Legal Advice in the Legal Department of Scotiabank El Salvador, S.A., formerly Banco de Comercio de El Salvador, S.A., from 2005 to 2008.
– In 2004, she worked as Legal Assistant at Empresa Informática El Corte Inglés, S.A. (IECISA) in Madrid, Spain
– Between 1997 and 2005, he held the positions of Assistant Manager of Judicial Recovery and, later, Assistant Manager of Contracting and Subsidiaries, within the Legal Management of Banco de Comercio de El Salvador, S.A.
– He served as Director of the Board of Directors of Inversiones BanCo, S.A. de C.V. Casa Corredora de Bolsa in 2002
Carlos has participated in different industry and social organizations, being to date a member of the International American Bar Association (ABA) in the Science and Technology and Electronic Commerce Committee for Latin America, as well as an active member of the Club Activo 20-30 San Salvador Centro, a non-profit organization whose main purpose is supporting children in need.
He is fluent in Spanish and English.